Every homeowner needs a good handyman once in a while. Even if you know how to do the work yourself, other things in your life can get in the way, such as a busy schedule and not enough time. You may find that oftentimes, you need something done that doesn’t require the attention of a full-blown contractor, but yet it’s important enough to seek the services of a good handyman.
Since there is such a wide variety of work involved in keeping your home in tip-top shape, it’s important to know what to look for in handyman services. Here are a few tips: Best Handyman Oxford
- Make sure the handyman you choose has recent experience with the particular job you want done. If your roof needs repair, for example, make sure the handyman you choose has really worked on a roof before. I know this sounds simple, but don’t skip this step. Ask questions.
- You might start by asking your friends and neighbors who to call. With the internet, however, and the rise of social media, it’s wise to check online to see what you find. If you have a particular company in mind, see if you can find this company online and pay attention to the reviews that are posted. Most people who take time to give a review are usually really happy or really unhappy. You want to look for the company who has excellent online reviews. Don’t just look at Google, but also look at InsiderPages.com, SuperPages.com, CitySearch.com or Yelp.com for good feedback on handyman services.
- It’s okay to ask the handyman for references. Any company who does good work is more than pleased to give you references to call. Then, take the time to actually make those phone calls. It’s your hard-earned money and you should make sure you spend it wisely. The more expensive your project, the more you should pay attention to this detail.
- Check to see if your handyman is licensed, bonded and insured. This will give you peace of mind in case of an accident on your property, or an unintended problem that may arise from damage to your home or anything in your home. No one plans for anything to happen, but sometimes, it just does. Good insurance will be your best friend in such a case.
- Ask if your handyman guarantees his work. Does the warranty cover the parts and material used as well as the labor? Get the details to avoid any misunderstandings.
- Lastly, you should be comfortable with your handyman’s pricing being fair and reasonable. Don’t necessarily choose a handyman based on the lowest price, but instead look for a fair price for the best work. And speaking of pricing, make sure you understand the payment policy. Is a deposit required? What are the methods of payment accepted? When is the work expected to be completed?